11.06.2009

Once a Year...


November has started off with birthday's. My student from last Henry has a birthday three days before mine and so on Sunday night we had our birthday party together. His Mom susan made a Chinese dinner and we opened presents, had cake and played games. It was an awesome birthday party and he is one special little boy!
The spread and guests!
Pookie and I (the birthday people)
All of us ladies at the party!


Then yesterday I had my 24th birthday - and still don't feel a day older yet! :)
The day started on Wednesday evening with a night out to dinner with some amazing girl friends. We went to the Hyatt hotel, to the Italian Restaurant Giovanni's. It was an evening filled with laughter, joy and hugs, oh and chocolate cake. What a great way to start off my birthday!
With the beautiful cake and some of the beautiful ladies!

On Thursday I was awoken with breakfast in bed from my amazing husband as well as a box from my in-laws! What a beautiful way to start the day!! :)
At school I was showered with love and gifts from both the teachers I work with and my students. We ended the day with PIC Happy Hour on the beach watching the sunset with some awesome friends: Amanda, David and Nina, Kristie and Isaac and Mark and Brittany. What a great way to relax - too bad it was Friday though! :)
Afterwards Jake and I went onto dinner at Dolphin Restaurant. It is on the 10th floor of a local hotel. Awesome views, ok food but an amazing time because I got to spend it with my handsome, romantic, loving husband!!
I have truly been blessed. I have an amazing family that loves me and makes me feel special, even while we live so far away from them. We both have amazing friends back in the States who send their love and makes us feel special even though we are so far away from them too. And then we are even more blessed by our friends and family that we have here in Saipan. This place is truly home and we are excited to say that we will be here NEXT year for sure, and hopefully many more to come!
Life is good, God is better!
Thank you all for your love and birthday wishes! :)
Love you all,
Love
Jackie (and Jake)


No comments: