4.23.2011

Easter



It's officially Easter weekend and yet it doesn't feel like Easter at all for some reason.



Jake walked up Mt. Topachau yesterday with some good friends. I didn't go because I wasn't feeling well and also very tired, maybe that's part of it. We have early morning sunrise service tomorrow for Easter Sunday and then several invites for Easter Sunday dinners.



Maybe it's because I've been working all week and Saturday and am used to taking that time off.



Maybe it's because I know family will be getting together for Easter dinner and that's another one to miss out on.



hmmm...maybe it's because I feel like I'm not living in reality right now. There are some unreal things happening to us.



Jake and I are are going to have a baby. WOW.



It's crazy. We are super excited! and super scared - but who isn't really?!!? It's not like it's some little thing -IT'S HUGE!!! A baby?!?! Come December 1st?!!??



WOW - I have no words really - I'm ecstatic, thrilled, shaking, haven't fully realized it yet, because all it feels like so far is I got the stomach flu and am tired.



:)



Anyways, we wanted to share our exciting news...we are finishing up on Month #2! Going on 3!!! Only alot more to go!! HAHA :)
Jake and I are feeling pretty good. Things will change a bit for us, luckily our house is perfect with an extra room and yard - so we're happy about that.



Well,



Happy Easter!
Love you all!



Love & Blessings,




Jake and Jackie

4 comments:

Grant & Kara said...

Happy Easter! We will see you at the sunrise service! Congrats on the baby on the way, you guys are a great team and will be able to go on this adventure of parenting together! So excited for you 2! By the way it does not feel like Easter for me either.

Bex said...

YES! I CAN FINALLY TELL MY FRIENDS!!!
seriously, it almost killed me :)
Congrats again, Love you guys, happy Easter!!

Anonymous said...

So you finally put out in cyberspace:) Sorry you don't feel good Jackie, but it's probably a good thing. We hope you have a blessed Easter with your adopted family. We wish we could spend it with you. Love, Mom

Brit said...

Yaya! Congratulations! So excited for you and Jake! Post LOTS of pictures! And feel better soon. Get some preggo pops, and if you cant get them on island, let me know!