10.22.2008

New Things...

This past week and a half has been very busy. We've had long weekends and long days and these next two days are report cards and parent-teachers. Volleyball keeps me busy everyday til 5 and Jake has tutoring plus helping with volleyball and his new sport: ultimate.
Last Friday we had a Canadian Thanksgiving dinner with our bible study group. It was so great! Pastor and Sandy and I cooked the whole meal minus a few extras provided from others. We laughed, gave thanks, worshipped our Good God, ate, and played a game. It was nice fellowship. I am really thankful for the church group we have here. It's a great community of believers who genuinely want to help and love you.
This week has been busy getting report cards and grades ready. Tomorrow theh Parent-Teachers start. I'm a little nervous - because they are my first ones. Most of my kids are all doing great. I have a few Korean students who need to work a little harder and perhaps tutoring will help. Pray that God works through the languages and what needs to be said will be said and also understood. :)
I've been a little homesick this week as well, especially the amazing friends we basically lived with last year. I miss you all so much - we both miss you. I was able to talk with Katie Jansen, one of my closest friends, early yesterday morning, before school and that was such a blessing. God really provides what you need, when you need it.
Today, the 1st graders went on a Field Trip. My first one! :o
We went to the Fire Station. It was alot of fun. They let the kids climb into the truck, all go into the back of the ambulance, climb on the truck and take lots of pictures. We then went beside the fire station to the park and I just let them run around for about 30 minutes. I had some awesome Mom's with me - who were very helpful and watchful and fun! :)
Besides all that we had a double-header in volleyball tonight and games yesterday as well. They played awesome yesterday but tonight not so well. I was discouraged tonight and found it hard to get into the game myself, so I can imagine what the poor students felt like. We have one more week and it is almost over, so keep me in your prayers for perserverance for the last week.
Keep us both in your prayers for Parent-Teachers tomorrow and Friday and also as we head into a 2nd quarter, with new exciting things to hopefully happen - like American Thanksgiving break. ha :)
love always,
J & J (but mainly the first J - jackie)

No comments: