1.05.2010

2010


We are here - 2010...I remember when it was 1999 and we were approaching Y2K!! Crazy how things change.
We have finished our Christmas vacation and are now back at school.
Our vacation was fast and filled with busyness. I was the coordinator for a Korean English Camp at one of the local Korean hotels. I had to be at the hotel every night to watch over and teach the evening classes. I had free-time during the day but all my nights were working there. It was a great experience. We lived at the hotel during it, ate all of our meals there and got to really know these 15 Korean students. They were a blessing. Jake taught several of the afternoon classes and earned extra money doing that. Otherwise he spend his vacation spear-fishing (because he got a new spear gun for Christmas) and watching cable tv (it was in the hotel room).
We both still managed to relax and enjoy our Christmas vacation. We spent Christmas eve with some of our great friends both at a Christmas Baking party and a Christmas Dinner party. We then spent Christmas Day with the Korean kids at the camp and the afternoon with Pastor and Sandy and some of our awesome "family"!!!!
New Years was spent at Emily Gries (the 1st grade teacher I replaced) wedding reception, our friend Linda's 50th birthday party and then a New Years party with some new and old friends! We really enjoyed celebrating and ending 2009. I was sure ready to bring on a new year! :)
We are now back at school and are half-way through the year. THANK GOODNESS!
Somedays I'm beginning to wonder if I chose the wrong professions. I would love some prayers on that!
Pray for us as we start thinking more and more about starting a family. It's scary and exciting and we would really appreciate prayers!
We are praying for all of our families and friends back home; praying that God will give you a BEAUTIFUL new year!
We miss you all!
LOVE always,

J & J


Happy New Year!
My new Korean friend Gia (LOVE HER) and long-time friend Nina!!!
helping Jake sing Britney Spears at New Year's party karaoke!
Amanda and I jumping on the bed!
My amazing friends and I do this thing called "shakey face" - =) (Hyun Jae (green dress), Shimiko (burgundy sweater), Hee Jae (red and white), Amanda (blue) and Kristina (in front of me)
Jake, Russ, Todd, Yosh and Nikki at Christmas Eve Dinner

Nikki, Kanae and I!!!! Two amazing woman in my life!
Jake with Justin, one of the Korean English camp students!

My Ladie's Bible Study Christmas Party!! (L - R: Nina, Mel, Amy, Sarah, Natalie, Emily, myself and Amanda)
Vinson (my student) and Hila his little sister, dancing in their church's Christmas Program
Our hotel room view!!!
Our Christmas vacation home!!
We went to the local MMA fight! Jake was excited!
The day school was let out, we took our adopted daughters out for a Christmas afternoon (McDonald's, the beach and presents)
my 1st grade class all ready for the Elementary Christmas Program
At the Saipan Community Church Christmas Feast with our Filipino Mom - Cris (pink) and Jan Springer!
Jake and his adopted Mom - Debbie Winkfield!

No comments: