4.03.2009

Spring Break!

YAH!!!! Today was the last day of school before our Spring Break...and thank goodness!
I know that I have been looking foward to this break for quite some time, and I think Jake has been too! We have been busy with SAT testing in our classrooms, Jake now coaching the Track adn Field team and Marriage Encounter.

Last weekend we helped out with the Marriage Encounter weekend, serving meals to the couples. It was quite an experience. I remember going through it and being amazing at all the people who were involved in the mission. Now being involved and working with M.E I really can be love to other couples and it was so great to do that. What's also great about it is that it's a marraige mission and so you do everything with your spouse, which means that Jake and I get to spend alot of time together - which is also awesome! :) We love Marriage Encounters. It is such a ministry. I would truly recommend it to anyone - whether you have a great marriage (or so you think) or you just married. It will change your marriage, give you new tools and just touch you...and if it anything else, you will just be able to see how many people in your area really want marraiges and God's sacrament to work!

We also had our LAST mathcourt competition last weekend - which was so great. It was fun to watch our students do math so well. Something neither Jake or I was used to back in the States - so it's a great competition to see here! Very glad it's over though! There was also a Red-Cross Walkathon last weekend, which my good friend Tami and I did together. We walked hard and got a t-shirt outta the deal. It was a great time. She is an amazing woman of God and I love spending time with her! She's the 5th grade teacher at SCS.
That's Tami with the hat. The other woman is Amanda who also in amazing friend and woman. Love them both! :)

At school we are having a Penny Drive for new lockers...and my class came in 1st place last week. They were so happy and excited! I was so proud of them, because they had been working hard to bring in money. We had a trophy to decorate for the week and then providing we were the lead again this week we would keep the trophy. They found out in Chapel this morning that 5th grade took the lead. They were very upset when they had to hand over the trophy.
Here's Henry and Jon Paul with the trophy!


Have I mentioned just how much I love teaching 1st grade. The joys I get out of it are tremendous. Like how much the kids who didn't want to or couldn't read at the beginning are now my top readers. And how much love they ALWAYS have for you - even when you are outside punishing them. They are adorable and fun and energitic (sometimes too much) and all-around amazing! I am so glad that we are here for next year doing the same grade! I know Jake is happy to stay. He really enjoys teaching middle school. Teaching both math and science definietly keep him busy but he loves it. Saipan is truly amazing and we are continually being blessed with new friends to get to know and be with, our ME family who know more about us than most people, and our church family. Thank you God for our blessings!

Love
Jackie and Jake

No comments: