9.28.2008

almost October...

Things here in Saipan have been moving along. The month of September is almost over and we will soon be into October and then Report Cards. I can't believe how fast things have gone. It's crazy. School is getting better for the 1st graders and I. I've started praying aloud in my classroom, for my classroom and students every day. I can also feel your prayers are working and I ask that you keep praying for me as I teach them and grow in my patience for them.
Jake is doing well. Pray for him as Math Courts (the math competition he's in charge of) picks up soon, as well as Science Fair, which he is also in charge of. It's the organization things that he needs the help for! :)
Other than that, things are going great for us. We keep busy with work, volleyball, hanging out with friends both staff and island people we've met, each other and living life here on a tropical island. It's still interesting and there are always new exciting thinsg to find, learn and see.
Just this weekend in fact, my Chinese student Henry invited me and two other teachers over for some authentic Chinese cooking - at least we thought we were goin to learn how to cook it. But once we got there - all the food was prepared and on the table waiting for us to eat it. So there are plenty of times where we are lost in translation here but over all - it's been great getting to know so many different types of people. We do really love it here.
Thanks so much for all your prayers. Keep them coming as we continue to learn knew ways to teach to the culture here and discover new things about ourselves, our marriage and our friendships. Thank God for all the blessings still though! :)
Love you all!!
Love
J & J

No comments: