9.10.2008

Sick in Saipan

One of Jake's beautiful flower pictures to share!



Hello! This week is progress report week. That means we are half way through our 1st quarter. Yikes!! It's also been a really busy week with volleyball. For those of you that don't know - I am the asst. coach of the school's volleyball team. Ms. Winkfield, the 5th grade teacher and I are coaching the 6, 7, 8th grade co-ed volleyball. So glad I don't teach junior-high - although sometimes 1st grade isn't that enjoyable either.

Anyhow we lost our first volleyball games today but I was so proud of the kids. They did so much better than I have seen any of them do in practice. It was awesome. I'm really enjoying coaching volleyball. It's a fun sport and the kids really get into it.

Besides being busy this week, Jake and I are doing. He is getting over cold #1 here in Saipan and I am just beginning cold #1. It sucks. We live on a hot, humid island and I have a runny nose and sore throat. Silly little kids - start covering your mouths and washing your hands. Oh well - life of a teacher I guess - busy, busy, busy, sick, lost patience, love for the adorable needy little kids, enjoyment of hanging out with them after school, and more grades.

Please keep us in your prayers, so that this cold/sickness will pass by quickly; that patience will grow alot faster and hang on longer during the day, and that God will give me especially, what I need everyday to teach these 1st graders.

Thanks for your prayers and love. Send us emails: jcqlnvndm@gmail.com or jkvndm@gmail.com to let us know how you are doing and how we can remember you and pray for you. We miss you all!

Love always,

J & J

1 comment:

Cassie and Kevin Zonnefeld said...

Incredible pictures! It looks like a beautiful place and I am sure that you just add to the beauty! Keep up the good work in the classroom...
Cas and Kev